That's a wrap. Genius hour is complete. I can't believe how far I have come during these short weeks. I started this in hopes I could finish the scarf I was so nervous to start. Not only did I finish the scarf, I finished three hats, a few not-so-good can koozies, and in the middle of another hat. Just because Genius hour is over does not mean I am. I have so much yarn that has been stockpiling up and I am so excited to use. I have been watching so many more videos to get ideas of new stitches and even how to start making m own pompoms for the top of hats when I would like that type of look. I am also interested in trying out a rectangle loom and seeing if I can figure out how to make a pot holder since i can't seem to find a video on loom knitting one (weird). I also found a video to make some really neat looking 'coaster rugs'. A few things I learned about myself and need to keep in mind is that I need to take a break when I get frustrated. I am not happy when I am knitting in a bad mood and I do not do as well and then the process takes even longer. I get excited when people comment on my work and ask for me to make them something. If anyone told me that I would be loom knitting for fun more than what was required of me...I would not have believed them. I am so happy that I found something to do that I find enjoyable.
Hat in progress....ran out of yarn so I have to wait for it to get delivered.
Some of my yarn stash that I have built up.
A hat that is too small for whom I wanted to gift it to. Hoping with a quick roll, it will fit a friend's new baby!



Stephanie, What a perfect quote for this! I love your hat and that you seemed to really enjoy all the things you accomplished during this project. You made so many things and have ideas of all the things you still want to make. I am impressed as I do not have that skill. These would be great holiday or gifts for other occasions.
ReplyDeleteStephanie, Love the hat! It's beautiful and I'm sure your proud of it!
ReplyDeleteHi Stephanie! Your work looks great! My mom and I bought a few loom rings a couple years ago to make hats - I ended up finding really great projects and tutorials on youtube and made stuffed snowmen with them. Maybe I'll pick them up again! You made some many great and useful things with the loom, you should be proud! Good luck on the pot holder.
ReplyDeleteMaya Adra
Stephanie, Today I scrolled down and read all of your Genius Hour blog posts up until now, and wow! It's amazing to see the dramatic progress you have made, compared to what you thought especially in the earliest couple of posts! I really like the hats you created. Continued success! :)
ReplyDelete