Saturday, July 11, 2020

E-Learning artifacts

The first artifact I chose is Screencastify.  Before this class started, I knew very little about it and was not confident in using it.  I played around with it a small amount during E-learning and needed step by step help.  I was able to create a few short videos for my Special Education PE classes.  During this class, I practiced more with it and was able to create lessons without assistance.  I learned how important this tool is especially when we are not in the classroom.  I can still show examples as well as let the students hear my voice to help guide their instruction.  Not only is this a great tool for E-learning, it may also be great for leaving sub plans and lessons.  Here is a sample of a screencastify lesson that I included in my unit plan.
screencastify lesson

The second artifact I chose were Google Apps.  My district has been using Google apps for a few years now and I am finally feeling a little more confident.  To say technology is my weakness would be an understatement.  This class has started to help push me out of my comfort zone and helping me for the better.  technology is not going anywhere and it helps so much with guiding and planning instruction.  The more I practice and the more confidence I gain, I will save myself so much time and headaches utilizing everything the various technology tools.  My school district uses Google Classroom and it is a great platform for teachers and students to stay organized and relay important information whether we are in school or learning from home.  Being able to grade assignment, post assignments, attach links and helpful readings etc. all in one place is very beneficial.  Here is my Unit plan that is made of of different Google docs, forms, slides etc. and a Google Slide presentation example.

Unit Plan
Presentation example

No comments:

Post a Comment