Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Week 2 Genius Hour - Stephanie Haberer
"Success doesn't come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently."
-Marie Forleo
What can you do now that you couldn't do last week? What do you know that you did not know last week?
I feel that I have already learned so much about loom knitting However, it is not coming easy to me at all so far. When I picked this project, I thought I would watch a video or two and get started while watching TV at night. However, I have watched more tutorials than I care to admit and still have yet to pick up the needle.
There are so many new terms that I have heard so far as well has hand movements that seem impossible for me to know if I am moving the yarn correctly without someone actually being by my side for the first few rounds to make sure I have the hang out it. Well, our family is still not seeing anyone closer than 10 feet away, so I will have to make due with the tutorials from the internet. I am hoping it clicks faster than I am imagining in my head.
Since my family is not even going out to stores (husbands call, not mine), I had to order what I needed off of Amazon so I could get started. I chatted with a friend about what yarn would work for a scarf project. I had no idea there was so many different choices of yarn. I also went with the round looms instead of the rectangle. Both have many videos and tutorials for beginner loom knitters.
I have also learned that this is not something I can do while my head is up looking at the TV screen. I have been around people that would sit and talk to me while crocheting, so I just assumed that this would be the same. I did not take in to account that there no peg board for crocheting and the people I have watched have been doing it a while and do not need to look at their every move.
My daughter wanted to start making something as soon as she saw my supplies come. I told her that I would make something with her once I got the hang of it. Until then, we made her a friendship bracelet disc from out 3D printer and we figured that process out together. We have already made a few bracelets each and it is fun and similar to a loom pattern so I figured that would be great practice for the both of us before we start a loom project.
After numerous videos and watching some more than once, I narrowed it down to my favorite two and am going to start my cast on tomorrow. From the videos, I learned that casting on includes making the slip knot and putting it on to the anchor peg. I am excited and anxious to start and hope it goes better than I am picturing in my head.
loom knitting for beginners
loom knitting for beginners 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment