Wednesday, October 14, 2020

21st Century Ed Leadership Artifacts and Reflection

 21st Century Ed Leadership Artifacts and Reflection

Stephanie Haberer

I enjoyed working on the assignments during this class while also getting more practice navigating through the Google Apps.  I like that all of the Google Apps that I am getting practice on in here, I can bring back and use in my daily life and lessons as a middle school PE teacher.  I believe that using them in both places is helping me get better and gain confidence.  The first artifact is designing and creating a faculty meeting.  This was a fun experience and more challenging than I had anticipated.  Since I am usually just attending, I did not realize the time and effort it takes to plan and break down a meeting while making sure to cover everything important while still having fun.  As a teacher who sits through these meeting every week, I know that they are not always the most engaging or I find myself thinking of different ways I can be productive with my time.  I now see that sometimes meetings will be more engaging, but sometimes they will be more cut and dry due to what information needs to be covered that week.  I would be curious to see how my plan would go over with the staff in my building.

Artifact 1

My second artifact is creating a learning walk thru that would be used my administration or teachers going in and out of classrooms.  I feel that walk throughs should benefit the teacher as well as the person doing the walk through.  It is so important to create positive relationships in the workplace.  It also helps with information delivery and how to take feedback and advice to better yourself. I would really like to use this set of questions as a guide if I was visiting someone's room and would also like if the people visiting my room would use them as well.  It is a way to get feedback as well as a confidence boost in what the found to be great in your lesson.  It should never feel like a formal observation, and the more we all try to not make it feel that way, hopefully the experience will be better and more beneficial to all involved.

Artifact 2

I enjoyed this class and feel that I am leaving with more knowledge than I started with.  I really liked learning about social media in schools and how that when done correctly, it can really make a big impact for the better.  Since my school is starting to get better with their social media presence, it was great to see how much more we are capable of and how it can be beneficial.  I had no idea that some schools have their own or content specific social media pages that they are in charge if themselves.  I feel that would be another thing added to our plates, but also with split responsibility of a content area, I think it would be enjoyable and rewarding to do so.  I also enjoyed the podcasts and articles dealing with technology.  At work, they expect us to use technology often, but never give us the time to learn or give PD on it during the work day or times that is manageable.  Seeing how much technology is out there and able to benefit student engagement and learning keeps me motivated to continue to push myself to learn it.  Seeing other teachers perspectives to different situations and articles is also great.  From elementary to highs school and all subject areas, I really enjoy being able to partake in discussions over the computer.



No comments:

Post a Comment